2 cups oat flakes
1 cup wheat flakes or puffed wheat
1 cup barley flakes
1 cup rye flakes
¾ cup raisins
½ cup pumpkin seeds
½ cup sunflower seeds
½ cup chopped, mixed nuts
1 tbsp sesame salt
½ cup apple juice (optional)
2 tbsp rice malt or maple syrup
1 tsp vanilla (optional)
1. Mix dry ingredients in oiled ovenproof pan.
2. Heat apple juice, rice malt or maple syrup and vanilla in separate pan to blend.
3. Pour over the cereal mixture, stirring well to avoid lumps.
4. Place in 180°C oven for 20 minutes.
5.Take out and stir. Bake another 20 minutes, then stir and bake another 20 minutes more, or until it begins to turn golden brown.
6. Allow to cool. Served with stewed apples and raisins or with fruit in season, apple juice and a dash of soy milk.
GET A GAMEPLAN: http://www.thompsonsgameplan.com.au/
Visit the following link to see our full range of recipes: