4 cups chicken stock
1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
1 1/2 cups arborio rice
1/4 cup dry white wine
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 (500g) Organic chicken breast fillets
4 slices pancetta
1 cup frozen peas
2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
1/3 cup finely grated parmesan cheese baby rocket, to serve
1. Bring stock to the boil in a covered saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to low. Simmer until needed.
2. Melt butter in a large, heavy-based saucepan over medium heat. Cook onion, stirring, for 5 minutes or until softened. Add rice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Add wine. Simmer until reduced by half.
3. Add 1/3 cup stock to rice mixture. Cook, stirring, until stock has absorbed. Repeat with remaining stock, 1/3 cup at a time, until liquid has absorbed and rice is tender.
4. Meanwhile, heat oil in a frying pan. Cook chicken for 7 to 8 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Add pancetta to pan. Cook for 3 minutes each side or until browned. Transfer to a plate. Thinly slice chicken. Roughly chop pancetta.
5. Stir peas, pancetta, parsley and parmesan into risotto. Set aside, covered, for 2 minutes or until peas are tender. Season with salt and pepper. Serve topped with chicken and rocket.
GET A GAMEPLAN: http://www.thompsonsgameplan.com.au/
Visit the following link to see our full range of recipes: